MasterControl Inc. will host the ASQ Salt Lake Section Annual Symposium on June 22, 2017 from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The symposium offers quality professionals, industry experts, and all interested parties in the region the opportunity to hear about the latest quality trends and to gain knowledge about the processes and tools that expedite quality management and help organizations save time, money, and resources.
“ASQ is the global leader in quality improvement and standards. Our annual symposium here in Salt Lake City is the biggest educational and professional development event for quality management professionals in Utah and the Intermountain West,” said Paul Fields, chair of the Salt Lake Section of ASQ. “This year’s symposium is bringing together nationally and internationally recognized experts in quality improvement across a broad spectrum of industries and disciplines.”
“The symposium provides a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in quality and quality management to learn about the latest industry and regulatory trends and best practices for quality compliance,” noted Jared Evans, MasterControl professional instructor and lean processes coach. “It’s also an excellent opportunity for quality professionals to network with industry experts.”
Registration for the symposium is now open to the public via the ASQ Salt Lake Section website, but seats are limited. The fee to attend the event is $100, which includes a catered breakfast and lunch.
Old Mill III
6350 South 3000 East
Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
Thursday, June 22, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ASQ members who attend the symposium will receive a certificate for 1.0 recertification units (RUs) toward ASQ recertification.
Salt Lake City-based MasterControl provides integrated quality management software solutions that help companies automate and streamline their paper processes for increased efficiency and regulatory compliance. By centralizing and integrating quality processes, MasterControl's quality management software enables a company to effectively monitor and comply with today’s increasingly complex and ever-changing global quality regulations, ISO standards, and industry best practices.
The “Managing the Lean Value Stream” track at the symposium will cover useful topics that will empower individuals to help build a “culture of excellence” throughout their organizations. Scheduled sessions will include:
- Identifying and Eliminating the Eight Types of Waste (“Muda”) in Your Business, presented by Jared Evans, MasterControl Professional Instructor and Lean Process Coach
- How to Improve Quality by Applying Value Stream Thinking to Your Company’s Communication Infrastructure, presented by Jared Evans
- Value-Added Training: When to Streamline and When Not To, presented by Katie Pace, Instructional Designer and Curriculum Developer, MasterControl
- Addressing ISO 9001:2015 Risk Management Requirements with Quality Management Software, presented by Roger Crist, Quality Director, Moxtek, Inc.
- Solving Problems Using an A7 Flow, presented by Jared Evans
- 6S and Creating a Culture of Lean Within Your Company, presented by Jared Evans