In Gov. Gary R. Herbert’s 2017 State of the State Address, he charged the private and public sector with creating 25,000 jobs in the 25 counties off the Wasatch Front over the next four years. To launch this initiative, Lt. Gov. Spencer J. Cox and World Trade Center Utah are leading a jobs tour to all 25 counties this summer.
The next stops for the tour are July 17 and 18 in Box Elder, Cache, Rich and Summit Counties.
The tour stops are structured like a business fair, where companies and entrepreneurs can learn about resources available to help grow and expand their businesses. These stops will also provide resources for job seekers and connect local community leaders with government officials to talk about county needs. More than 20 organizations will be joining the Lt. Governor and WTC Utah on the tour. Each stop will feature local service providers as well. The tour stops are open to the public and are designed to engage the whole community.
- The Office of Lt. Governor Spencer J. Cox
- World Trade Center Utah
- Department of Workforce Services
- Zions Bank
- Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Salt Lake Chamber
- Department of Agriculture and Food
- Logistic Specialties, Inc.
- University of Utah MEP Center
- Office of Energy Development
- Office of Outdoor Recreation
- Procurement Technical Assistance Centers
- Rural Community Consultants
- Housing and Community Development
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Development Center
- STEM Action Center
- USDA Rural Development
- Utah Manufacturers Association
More information on the 25k Jobs Launch Tour can be found at www.25kjobs.com.