World Trade Center Utah and JPMorgan Chase & Co. have great news, the Utah Export Acceleration Grant is open.
Interested companies can apply at this link.
Usage of Funds
Grant funds can be used by companies to cover the costs of services or activities that help them pursue exporting opportunities or expand their international reach. Services and activities that are eligible include, but are not limited to, education/training, services and travel.
What makes this grant unique is that there is no company match required. Interested companies do have to meet eligibility requirements.
- Small or medium sized business (SBA small business size standards).
- Headquartered in Utah.
- Has been in business for more than one year.
- Has sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade.
- Is a for-profit business.
- Has a finished product or qualifying service with at least 51% U.S. content (including costs incurred for marketing and warehousing of product or service).
- Has an export plan.
The amount awarded is determined according to the needs of the company, strength of application and availability of funds. Most grant awards will be between $3,000 – $5,000. The Export Acceleration Grant is funded by JPMorgan Chase & Co. and managed by WTC Utah.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for two periods. The first period ends on April 30. Because grant applications are reviewed upon receipt, companies should apply as soon as possible.