This Christmas, Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) and GES, producers of the internationally touring Harry Potter: The Exhibition, will introduce Christmas in the Wizarding World, the newest Harry Potter-themed retail experience.
The unique shopping experience will feature a specially curated selection of Wizarding World merchandise, which will be on display and available for purchase in a holiday-themed setting sure to dazzle families of all ages. Making its debut for the first time at The Shops at South Town in Sandy, Utah on November 8, 2017, Christmas in the Wizarding World will be open for a limited time only.
Christmas in the Wizarding World, a first of its kind retail experience, will be reminiscent of the setting and atmosphere of a wintry Hogsmeade village. Complete with an extensive wand assortment, film-inspired window displays and interactive elements, the themed shopping experience is sure to be a hit with fans of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World. Key features of the experience include:
- A wide selection of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them™ merchandise, perfect for holiday gift-giving will be available for purchase, including:
- Specially designed holiday ornaments and stockings
- Cozy house sweaters and school robes
- Delectable confections like Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans and Chocolate Frogs
- Fan-favorite plush owls
- As well as wands, jewelry and branded collectibles
- Ollivanders™ will be outfitted with soaring shelves of hundreds of precariously stacked wand boxes, where shoppers will be able to experience a holiday surprise with the help of the Wandkeeper.
- A memorable photo opportunity, featuring a selection of background options from the Harry Potter films and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, where guests can purchase a keepsake of their Christmas in the Wizarding World experience.
- An interactive Quaffle Toss game, where guests can score a goal amid a colorful display of Quidditch themed attire and accessories.
- Throughout the retail experience, animated windows will bring the iconic shops from the films to life, delighting fans and shoppers alike.
“Christmas in the Wizarding World will redefine the traditional shopping center holiday offering by creating a themed retail experience inspired by one of the most beloved brands of all time, Harry Potter,” said Eddie Newquist, chief creative officer and EVP of GES. “We’ve recreated the magical settings of Hogsmeade village and will bring it to the fans and families in Utah, who will be the first to experience this innovative retail environment.”
“The Shops at South Town is Utah’s premier, one-stop destination for shopping and making memories that last a lifetime,” said Heather Nash, Marketing Manager at The Shops at South Town. “Christmas in the Wizarding World is sure to be an unforgettable retail experience and offer fans a unique opportunity to shop for the Muggle, witch or wizard in their life."
The new retail experience, Christmas in the Wizarding World, will be open at The Shops at South Town from November 8, 2017 through January 31, 2017. For more information visit www.shopsatsouthtown.com.