Nature has given life to numerous animals to support the ecosystem and biological life on the planet. There are approximately 7.77 million species of animals in nature that is divided into various families, genus and nomenclature, Here is the list of all animals that start with X,
Animals That Start With X
1.X-Ray Fish or X-Ray Tetra
- X-Ray Fish are also known as X-Ray Tetra because of its translucent body.
- The fish species is mostly seen in the Amazon and Orinoco basins. It has been also identified in coastal rivers of acidic and alkaline waters.
- It is a small fish that can grow upto 5 cm or 2.0 in length and seen in large groups.
- Males and females can be differentiated where males are smaller and thinner than females.
- The diet includes mostly small insects and planktonic animals.
- It is an adaptive fish that can be kept in the home aquarium and will eat most fish foods.
Image Source: Mike S
- Xenops is a genus of the bird family Furnariidae known as ovenbirds.
- There are three bird species in this genus mostly seen in Mexico, Central America and South America.
- The bird species loves to thrive in tropical rain forests.
- Talking about the appearance, they are small birds with longish tail along with the laterally flattened bill.
- The diest includes insects on bark along with rotting stumps or bare twigs.
Image Source: Wikimedia
Also Read: 10 Popular Animals That Start With C
- Xerus also known as African ground squirrels are a form of a squirrel that belongs to the subfamily Xerinae.
- The squirrel species is endemic to Africa.
- The species was introduced in 1971.
- It loves to thrive in open woodlands, grasslands, or rocky country and seen in diurnal and terrestrial, living in burrows.\
- The diest includes roots, seeds, fruits, pods, grains, insects, small vertebrates and bird eggs.
- Xenopus is also known as the clawed frog is a frog species native to sub-Saharan Africa.
- As of now, twenty species are currently described and the most popular are being Xenopus laevis and Xenopus tropicalis.
- Talking about the appearance, it has a flattened or egg-shaped and streamlined bodies with very slippery skin because of
- the protective mucus covering.
- The skin of the frog is smooth that comes with a lateral line sensory organ that has a stitch-like appearance.
Image Source: Wikimedia
These are all the animals that start with x.