Join Salt Lake Community College, the Bureau of Industry and Security and the Utah District Export Council for a two-day, in-depth examination of the Export Administration Regulations.
The program will cover what exporters need to know to comply with U.S. export control requirements, including:
- What items and activities are subject to the EAR
- Steps to determine the export licensing requirements for an item
- How to determine export control classification numbers (ECCN)
- When you can export or reexport without applying for a license
- Export clearance procedures and record keeping requirements
- Export Management Compliance Program (EMCP) concepts
- Real life examples in applying this information
BIS presenters will conduct hands-on exercises to prepare participants to apply the regulations in their own export activities. The program is suited for those who need a comprehensive understanding of their obligations under the EAR.
The program takes place April 26 and 27 at Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) Miller Campus, 9750 S. 300 West in Sandy. Registration and continental breakfast will be available beginning at 7:30 a.m. The program begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m.