Control4 Corporation released OS 2.8, the latest version of its smart home operating system. With OS 2.8, Control4 rolls out a reimagined smart home security experience that easily integrates with today’s leading security systems, smart locks and cameras; offers native streaming of music services from Pandora, Deezer, and TIDAL; and updates other capabilities to make it easy for Control4 homeowners to search, browse, listen and watch their favorite media.
Additionally, OS 2.8 delivers a number of enhanced dealer tools, most notably the ability to back up Control4 projects to the cloud and all-new “experience” drivers that simplify the creation of personalized smart home experiences.
“State of the art security systems and entertainment capabilities are key drivers for smart home adoption and Control4 OS 2.8 dramatically enhances the overall safety and entertainment experiences in the Control4 Smart Home”Tweet this
“State of the art security systems and entertainment capabilities are key drivers for smart home adoption and Control4 OS 2.8 dramatically enhances the overall safety and entertainment experiences in the Control4 Smart Home,” said Martin Plaehn, Control4 Chairman and CEO. “We have delivered an elegant, innovative and easy way to make sure all is well at home, even when Control4 customers are away, offering them greater peace of mind. OS 2.8 also delivers an unprecedented amount of choice when it comes to entertainment by integrating music streaming services with tens of millions of songs that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family.”
Reimagined Security Experience, Giving Homeowners Greater Peace of Mind
Control4’s new security experience features an entirely reimagined interface with integrations to industry-leading home security panels and sensors. OS 2.8 offers a completely redesigned user interface that is elegant and approachable, for easier and more comprehensive control, as well as new management tools for monitoring and personalizing access to the home. OS 2.8 also includes MockupancyTM: new capability that automatically mimics a household’s normal routines and behaviors while they’re away.
In conjunction with all of these new home security enhancements in OS 2.8, Control4 announced to dealers a new door station solution for the Smart Home. The new Control4 Door Station will be available later this year and is a great way to check who’s at the front door using Control4 Touch Screens, on-screen user interfaces, and even an iOS or Android mobile device. This new door station delivers greater security, and with great new features like better low-light performance, motion detection, email snapshots, and the ability to see the camera independent of a call, the new DS2 door station will be used to protect, and connect, even more smart homes.
Specifically, Control4 OS 2.8 brings several key new home security enhancements, including:
- A new user interface for families to arm or disarm their systems – or get emergency help – with a single tap directly on their touch screens, TV remotes, smart tablets, and mobile phones.
- A new iOS and Android mobile interface to manage smart locks, for family members to easily lock or unlock a door, add or delete users, and grant temporary home access.
- All security zones are now available in a single interface and simplifies the management of all the security zones in the smart home, including the ability to close a gate or a garage door with a single tap.
- A new searchable event-history agent that records security incidents throughout the home to provide a sequenced and contextual understanding of activity, which in turn can be used to inform homeowners via mobile alerts and push-notifications that are timely and relevant.
- Finally, more powerful, intelligent drivers that enable Control4 dealers to automate more of the home security configuration, with 2-way communication between the security panel and the Control4 system. With OS 2.8, Control4 more easily integrates with 20 of the most popular security panels from Honeywell, DSC, Interlogix, and Napco, among others.