The lion vs Tiger fight is one of the hottest topics and very few of them are aware that who will win this fight. Let me tell you if a tiger and lion ill get into a fight then there will be an 80% chance that the tiger would win. We will discuss Lion Vs Tiger. Let’s discuss the reasons behind this,
Tiger vs lion
Tiger muscles are 72.6% stronger as compared to 58.8% that of lions which shows clearly tiger is much stronger and muscles is directly proportional to strength.
No doubt, the tiger is heavier than lions but the weight will not be the primary criteria between African Lion vs Bengal Tiger.
Tiger is more ferocious than Lion and it can be seen both on the face and the actions. Once a tiger has decided to kill, nothing can deter it.
The lion is a lazy cat and loves to sleep for 20 hours and a maximum of 22 hours. It rarely hunts and loves to keeps away from water bodies most of the time and also doesn’t climb trees. However, Tiger sleeps for a minimum of 18 hours and also they are great walkers. Tigers also climb trees and hunt difficult prey on their own.
Also Read: All You Need To Know About 8 Types Of Lions
Here lions are known to be more courageous but during fights, tigers are the ones who do not want to run away and they re continuously planing to while fighting. Animal experts also agree that tigers learn the fighting skills and tactics much quicker than a lion. A lion is brave but it can attack blindly, however, tigers are smart enough to take advantage of this.
According to the animal experts, the tiger is more intelligent and they learn to survival quickly as compared to a lion. The lion is more of a wrestler whereas the tiger is a more boxer but this will not make any major difference.
Also Read: Top 10 Animals with Spots in Wildlife
7.Will To Fight
If an escape route can be given, the Tigers are the first ones to get away but if you talk about the confined area then the tiger becomes a formidable fighter.
Below are some of the facts related to Lions vs Tigers,
Lions are one of the largest cats in the world mostly seen in the southern and eastern parts of Africa. They are mostly seen in groups known as “pride”. Each pride composed of around 40 members and it will directly help in hunting down prey and provide protection to cubs.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Animals In The World
- Lions are carnivores animals and they mostly hunt on antelopes, zebras and wildebeests. Lioness is the one who hunts but that doesn’t mean that lions are not strong.
- There are scenarios where lions act as scavengers and attack other species like hyenas and steal their prey.
- The back teeth of the lion are known as carnassials and it will act like a pair of scissors and helps in chopping meat that can be swallowed later.
- After hunting, Lions eat 40 pounds of meat in one meal and later go for a snooze for atleast 20 hours.
- When lion and lioness meet they will greet each other by rubbing and during this process they exchange scents.
- The animal species can be easily recognized by their manes. The larger and darker manes suggest lions are very strong and other lions often avoid him.
- When lion and tiger are met, a new type of animal known as Liger is created. It has a stripe-like tiger and the colour of its fur is pale compared to the tiger’s fur.
- Lioness gives birth to 1-3 cubs each 2 years. All cubs have spotted at the time of birth and later it will disappear.
- Lions have a long tail that will help them in providing balance during chasing the prey. Also, it can be used to signalize various commands to other members of the pride.
- All lions have retractable claws that mean they could hide their claws during the play and avoid hurting each other.
- Lion cubs dont roar until 2 years but when they learn how to vocalize, their roar can be heard upto a distance of 5 miles.
- The worst enemies of lions are Porcupine because sharp quills can be stuck in the lion’s jaw for the rest of his life.
- When a new lion takes over pride, it kills all cubs that are not his own and studies suggests that ¾ of cubs die at a young age.
- When the young lion reaches maturity, the oldest males in the pride kick him out of the pride. These young lions wander alone known as nomads and when they manage to survive and gain strength, then they will battle with other lions to take over the pride.
- The avarage lifespan of lions is 15 years in the wild but they can survive upto 25-30 years in captivity. Lions are listed as endangered animal species because of the decrease in population in the last couple of decades.
Tigers are the biggest cats in the world that can be seen in different climates of Asia and Russia. The species love to thrive in tropical rainforest, and savannas to the Siberian forests. As of now, 5 subspecies of tiger are known but the sad part is that all of them are critically endangered. Currently, 7400 tigers are left in the wild and the numbers decreasing because of poaching and loss of habitat.
Also Read: 10 Best Animal Patterns In The World
- Tigers can be easily identified by their stripes and they have more than 100 uniquely positioned stripes that can be used for the identification of the animal species. similar to humans fingerprints. These stipes also provide camouflage to the species.
- Tigers are large cats with a total of 5 species and among all Siberian tiger is the biggest of all subspecies. It can grow upto 11 feet in length and can weigh up to 660 pounds. Just like lions, Tigers tail also provide balance when they are running and also used for communication.
- Tigers are solitary animals and they only meet during mating season. There are rare scenarios when tigers form groups known as the “streak” of tigers.
- White tigers are one of the rare animals on planet Earth that comes with white fur with stripes and blue eyes.
- Tigers used to mark their territory with the help of a liquid made up of urine and liquid from a gland that has an intensive smell. The other tigers will know that the territory has been occupied.
- Tigers are territorial animals that mean they look for a certain piece of the wild just for themselves. The area of tigers depend on the species but it will range from 10-30 square miles, but in some cases, it can be much larger – up to 120 square miles.
- Tigers hunt on large mammals such as wild boars and deer but they also are seen attacking a python, crocodile and even a bear.
- Tigers are ambush predators that mean they will catch their prey using the element of surprise.
- The species is known to have large paws and sharp retractable claws that can be used for killing the prey and for a fight with other tigers. Tiger paw print is known as pug mark.
- Female species of tigers are known as tigress and at the age of 3 and a half years, the tigress is ready to become a mother for the first time. Tigress gives birth to 3-4 cubs but she will act like a very protective mother because half of the cubs will be killed by predators and male tigers or die because of the lack of food.
- Tigers are known to be excellent swimmers where they can swim for 4 miles with prey in their mouth.
- Tigers are also known to have excellent sight of vision where they can see 6 times better than humans at night. The roaring of tigers are also loud and one of the characters during mating season. It can be heard for one mile.
- Tiger cubs leave their mother at the age of 2 and start a solitary life.
- Tigers are one of the fastest animals who can run for approximately 35-40 miles per hour. They are also known to be good jumpers who can leap a distance of up to 10 meters.
- The avarage lifespan of tigers is 10-15 years in the wild and around 20 in captivity.
These are all things you need to know about lion vs Tiger fights. Kindly share and do post your comments.