Everyone loves travelling and always have a dream of visiting different parts of the world. But 2023 is the worst year for where international tourist numbers could fall by up to 80% in 2023, according to the stats shared by the World Tourism Organization. Before the Covid 19 pandemic started, France was the most visited country in the world. According to the stats of International tourism, number of arrivals, Let me list down top 10 most visited countries in the world,
Most Visited Countries In The World
1.France- 89.4 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- France is the most visited country with over 89.4 million international tourists arrivals till 2018.
- France is officially known as the French Republic.
- The name of the country comes from the Latin word Francia which means ‘country of the Franks‘.
- It is the largest country in the European Union with over 551,000 square km of land area.
- The official language of France is French.
- Paris, capital of France is popular across the world for its fashion houses, classical art museums including the Louvre and monuments like the Eiffel Tower.
- The other major cities of the country are Marseille, Lyon, Lille, and Nice-Cannes.
- Mont Blanc is the France highest mountain with an elevation of 4,807m high (15,771 ft).
2.Spain- 83.7 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- Spain is the second most visited country in the world with over 83.7 Million International Tourists Arrivals, according to the world tourism rankings.
- The country shares its borders with Morocco, the United Kingdom, Portugal, Andorra and France.
- The official language of the country is Spanish.
- Spain is the second-largest country in the EU with 505,955 square kilometres of land area.
- Madrid is the capital and the largest city of Spain popular for its Prado museum, housing works by European masters, and Segovia.
- Spain has a total of 44 UNESCO World Heritage Sites know for its ancient rock art, historic cities and buildings.
- The highest point in the country is Mount Teide with an elevation of 3,718 m.
- The national anthem of Spain has no words.
3.United States-79.3 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- The United States of America also known as the United States (US), or America is a beautiful country in North America.
- The country is divided into 50 states, a federal district and five territories.
- The United States is the 3rd most visited countries in the world with over 79.3 Million
- International Tourists Arrivals, according to the figures of World tourism Arrivals(2018).
- The country does not have any offcial language, howvever, English is the primary language used in the legislation, executive orders, treaties, federal court and for another official purpose.
- Washington, D.C is the capital of the country and the largest city is New York City and other major cities include Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, Houston, Atlanta, and Miami.
- The tallest mountain of the US is Denali which is also known as Mount McKinley situated in the state of Alaska that can reach upto hieght of 6,190 meters (20,310 feet) above sea level.
4.China- 65.7 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- China is officially is known as the People’s Republic of China.
- Standard Mandarin is the offcial language of the country.
- It is the world’s most populous country with over 1.38 billion people living in the country. This is approximately 20 per cent of the Earth‘s population.
- Beijing is the capital of the People’s Republic of China and also the second-largest city in the country after Shanghai.
- The highest point of China is Mount Everest that lies in the Mahalangur section of the Himalayas located on the border covering Nepal and China.
- China has a total of 225 national parks situated in different parts of teh country.
- The Great Wall of China is the largest man-made structure in the world that stretches over 21,196 km (13,171 miles).
5.Italy- 64.5 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- Italy is officially known as the Italian Republic.
- The country shares its border with France, Austria, Vatican City, San Marino and Switzerland.
- There are two independent states located inside Italy i.e Vatican City and San Marino.
Official language os the state is Italian.
- Rome is Italy’s capital, popular across the world for its globally influential art, architecture and culture on display.
- The other major cities of teh country include Milan, Naples, Turin, and Palermo.
- The country is home to the largest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites with 50.
- Christopher Columbus, Marco Polo, John Cabot, and Amerigo Vespucci are some of the famous Italian explorers.
6.Turkey- 51.2 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- Turkey is officially known as the Republic of Turkey
- Talking about the geography, Turkey lies in two continents, Europe and Asia, however, 97% of the land area lies on the Asian side.
- The official language of the country is Turkish.
- Ankara is Turkey’s capital that lies in the country’s central Anatolia region.
- The largest city in the country is Istanbul which is the third most populous urban area in Europe.
- The highest point of the state is Mount Ararat with an elevation of 5,137 meters (16,854 feet) above sea level.
- Turkey’s Mediterranean shore is also known as the Turquoise Coast which is approximately 1600 kilometres (994 miles) long.
- The country has a total of 40 national parks situated across the country.
7.Mexico- 45 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- Mexico is a beautiful country located between the U.S. and Central America popular for its Pacific and Gulf of Mexico beaches along with the landscape of mountains, deserts and jungles.
- Officially Mexico known as the United Mexican States.
- The country is composed of 32 federal entities: 31 states and a “capital city” (Mexico City).
- It has 68 official languages, howvever, Spanish being the main one.
- Mexico is the 10th most populous country in the world with 128 million people living in different parts of the country.
- Mexico City is the capital and most populous city of Mexico.
- The Pico de Orizaba which is a stratovolcano is the highest point of Mexico with an elevation of 5,636 meters (18,491 feet) above sea level.
8.Thailand- 39.8 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- Thailand is also one of the most visited countries in the world with over 39.8 Million International Tourists Arrivals as of 2019.
- Officially it is known as the Kingdom of Thailand and was formerly known as Siam.
- The official language of the country is Thai.
- Bangkok is the capital of Thailand and also the most populous popular for its magnificent temples and palaces.
- The highest point of the country is Doi Inthanon with an elevation of 2,565 meters (8,415 feet).
- The country has sone of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Thailand has 5 UNESCO world heritage sites.
9.Germany- 39.6 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- Germany is officially known as the Federal Republic of Germany.
- It is the fifth-largest country in Europe with a land cover of 357,021 square kilometres (137,847 square miles).
- The official language of the country is German.
- Deutschland is the name of Germany in the German language.
- Germany’s capital is Berlin popular across the world cultural centres dating back to the 13th century.
- The other major cities of teh country include Munich, Hamburg, Cologne, Stuttgart and Frankfurt.
- Germany has one of the highest forest covers in the European Union.
- It also has a range of mountain ranges, from the Alps to the Eifel and Hunsr’ck mountain arrive ones found in the Rhineland.
10.United Kingdom- 39.4 Million International Tourists Arrivals
- United kingdom is a European country that includes four different countries on the British isles named as England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Great Britain constitutes of three nations England, Scotland and Wales.
- Britain is used only for including the mainland countries England and Wales
- UK lies on the prime meridian which marks the Greenwich meridian timezone (GMT).
- The largest country in the UK is England and the smaller one in Northern Ireland.
- Ben Nevis is the highest point of the country with an elevation of 1 345 m/4 412 ft.
- The longest river of the country is the river Severn with 354 km/ 220 miles.
Also Read: 8 Most Amazing Pyramids in Mexico
These are the most visited countries in the world. Kindly share and do post your comments.