Flags are used as a symbolic feature for thousand of years but they keep changing depending on the nation. Simply, the flag can de be defined as a piece of fabric with a distinctive design and colours. The symbols used on flags of the different countries will have a specific meaning. The most consistent flag across the world is of Denmark which was first used in the year 1625 and it is still the same. Here is the list of yellow blue red flags in the world,
Yellow Blue Red flags
- The flag of Andorra is the national flag of the Principality of Andorra with a vertical tricolour of blue, yellow, and red colour at the centre.
- The three bars look equal but they are in the ratio of 8:9:8 with an overall flag ratio of 7:10.
- It is said that the variant of the flag was created in 1866, although the design was standardized in 1993 after Andorra joined the United Nations.
- The design of the flag looks similar to the flags of France, Spain, Catalonia and Foix.
The official language of Andorra is Catalan.
- Andorra is the sovereign landlocked microstate in Southwestern Europe located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains and shares its border with Spain and France.
- Andorra la Vella is the capital of the Principality of Andorra. The city is at an elevation of 1,023 meters (3,356 feet) making it the highest capital city in Europe.
- The sixth smallest nation in Europe has an area of 468 square kilometres with an approximate population of 85,000.
- The official language of the country is Catalan. It is also spoken in Spain, France and Sardinia.
- It is also known as the Principality of the Valleys of Andorra.
Image Source: Wikimedia
- The flag of chad is also one of the beautiful tricolours of yellow blue red flags in the world and has its similarity to the flag of Romania.
- The flag was adopted by law no. 59/13 for the autonomous republic and regained independence in 1960.
- Chad is a landlocked country situated in Central Africa.
officially known as the Republic of Chad shares its border with Sudan, Central African Republic, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- The official language of the country is French and Arabic.
- N’Djamena is the capital and largest city of Chad.
- The highest point of the country is 3,445 meters (11,302 ft) above sea level.
- The Saharan Desert region covers roughly the northern third of Chad.
- Chad is the 20th largest country in the world and the fifth largest country in Africa in terms of land area.
- French and Arabic are the two official languages of Chad.
- The capital of the country N’Djamena was initially founded as a Fort-Lamy by French commander Émile Gentil on May 29, 1900, and named after Amédée-François Lamy who is an army officer who had been killed in the Battle of Kousséri a few days earlier.
- The highest volcano in the country is Emi Koussi which is a dormant volcano that can reach 3,445 meters (11,302 ft) above sea level.
Image Source: Wikimedia
- The national flag of Colombia symbolizes the independence of Spain on July 20, 1810.
- The flag consists of a yellow stripe that takes up half of the flag and the blue and red take the quarter place of the area. The ratio of the flag is 2:1:1.
- officially known as the Republic of Colombia is a beautiful country located in South America known for its lush rainforest, towering mountains and coffee plantations.
- The country shares its border with Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Peru and Ecuader. The maritime limits are shared with Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti.
- Spanish is the official language of Colombia.
- Bogotá is the capital and largest city in Colombia.
- The highest mountain in the country is Pico Cristóbal Colón with an estimated height of 5,700 meters (18,700 feet).
- It is a transcontinental country which is located in the northwest of South America and sharing its territories with North America as well.
- This is the 26th largest nation in the world and the 4th largest country in South America followed by Brazil, Argentina, and Peru.
- Colombia is the only country in South America that have coastline both in the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
- It is one of the megadiverse countries which is also listed as the 2nd most biodiverse country in the world followed by Brazil which is 10 times its size.
Also Read: Top 10 Green And White Flags In The World
Image Source: Wikimedia
4.The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a sky blue flag adopted 20 February 2006. It has a beautiful yellow star in the upper left canton and cut diagonally by a red stripe with a yellow fimbriation.
- The red colour in the flag represents “the blood of the country’s martyrs”, the yellow one represents the country’s wealth and the star a radiant future for the country.
- It is also known as DR Congo, DRC, DROC, Congo-Kinshasa or simply the Congo is a country situated in Central Africa.
- French is the official language of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Kinshasa is the capital city of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and also the largest one.
- The highest point in the country is Mount Stanley with an elevation of 5,109 m and it is the highest mountain of both the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda.
Image Source: Wikimedia
- The state flag of Moldova is a vertical tricolour of one of the yellow-blue red flags in the world with a ratio of 1:2.
- This is a landlocked country located in Eastern Europe.
- Moldova shares its border with Romania to the west and Ukraine to the north, east, and south.
- Romanian is the official language of the country.
- Chișinău is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Moldova.
- Bălănești Hill is the highest point of the country with an elevation of 430 meters.
Image Source: Wikimedia
- Mongolia is a vertical tricolour with red colour on both sides and a blue stripe in the middle. The Mongolian symbol can be seen at the centre of the left stripe.
- The blue stripe in the flag represents the blue sky and the red stripe represents eternity.
- The geometric symbol represents fire, sun, moon, earth, water, and a Taijitu symbol representing the duality of yin and yang.
- The current flag was adopted on 12 January 1992 and the official coloring of yellow blue red flags in the year 8 July 2011.
- Mongolia is also a landlocked country known for its vast rugged expanses and nomadic culture.
- The country shares its border with Russia and China.
- Ulaanbaatar is the capital and largest city of Mongolia which is at an elevation of about 1,310 meters near Tuul River.
- Mongolia is also listed as one of the highest countries in the world at an elevation of 1,580 meters (5,180 feet).
- The southern part of the country is dominated by the Gobi which is the largest desert in Asia and also the fifth largest in the world.
- Mongolia has 4 UNESCO world heritage sites named The Erdene Zuu Monastery, the Gandantegchinlen Monastery, the Genghis Khan Equestrian Statue and the Tibetan Buddhism.
- The large set of Mongolian people still live in a traditional ger, which is a type of tent. It is also known as “yurts,”.
- Romania flag is a tricolour of yellow blue red flags starting with blue, yellow and red. The ratio between colors stip is 2:3.
- The flag looks similar to the civil flag of Andorra and the state flag of Chad.
- Romanis is a beautiful central European country popular for its forested region of Transylvania and preserved medieval towns.
- The name of the country comes from Romanus that means “citizen of the Roman Empire.”
- Officially known as Romanian with Bucharest is the capital and largest city of Romania.
- Romania is known for its natural beauty with all kinds of landscapes such as mountain, peaks and coastline.
- The highest mountain in Romania is Moldoveanu Peak at an elevation of 2,544 meters.
- Romania has a total of 14 national parks that covered approximately 3,223 square kilometres (1,244 square miles).
- Romania has the world’s third-largest longest man-made navigation route known as the Danube to Black Sea canal situated in southeast Romania.
- It has total 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites that include the Churches of Moldavia, the Dacian Fortress of the Orastie Mountains, the Historic Centre of Sighisoara, the Monastery of Horezu, the Villages with Fortified Churches in Transylvania, the Wooden
- Churches of Maramures and the Danube Delta.
- The Romanian Palace of Parliament is the largest and most expensive administration building across the world.
- Liechtenstein flag has two horizontal blue and red bands with a golden brown crown located at the top left-hand side of the flag.
- The flag is in use since 1764 and later added to the country constitution in 1921.
- Liechtenstein is the landlocked microstate situated in Central Europe and has a long principality between Austria and Switzerland.
- Officially known as the Principality of Liechtenstein with German as its official language.
Vaduz is the capital of Liechtenstein and divided into eleven municipalities but most of them consisting of only a single town.
9.Antigua and Barbuda
- Antigua and Barbuda flag was adopted in the year 1967 to mark the achievement of self-government.
- The colour of the flag depicts different meanings, black is for the African ancestry of the people, the blue for hope; and the red for the energy or life of the people.
- The three successive coloring of yellow, blue, and white also stands for the sun, sea, and sand.
- Antigua and Barbuda is a beautiful twin-island country in the Americas located between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
- English is the official language of the country and has two major inhabited islands that are Antigua and Barbuda along with a number of smaller islands.
- St. John’s is the capital and also the largest city of Antigua and Barbuda situated on the northwest coast of Antigua.
- The highest point of the country is Mount Obama with an elevation of 402 meters and known as Boggy Peak until 4 August 2009.
- The country is also known as the “Land of 365 Beaches” because of the many beautiful beaches surrounding the islands.
- Eswatini flag was adopted in the year October 6, 1968, after the country was independent of the British Empire on September 6, 1968.
- The design of the flag was based on the flag given by King Sobhuza II to the Swazi Pioneer Corps in 1941.
- It is also known as Swaziland or kaNgwane popular as a landlocked country in Southern Africa.
- Officially known as the Kingdom of Eswatini shares its border with Mozambique to its northeast and by South Africa to its north, west and south.
- English and Swazi are the two official languages of Swaziland.
- Mbabane is the capital and also the largest city in Swaziland situated on the Mbabane River and its tributary the Polinjane River in the Mdzimba Mountains.
- The country has different landscapes from mountains along the Mozambican border to savannas in the east and rain forest in the northwest.
- The highest mountain of the country is Emlembe at an elevation of 1,862 meters (6,109 feet) above sea level.
Also Read: Top 10 Blue And Yellow Flags In The World
Image Source: Wikimedia
- It is officially known as the Republic of Cabo Verde.
- Portuguese is the official language of the country and it is located in the central Atlantic Ocean approximately 570 kilometres (350 miles) off the western coast of the African continent.
- The country is in the shape of a horseshoe-shaped cluster which is a combination of 10 islands and eight islets.
- The island of the country has been divided into two parts Barlavento Islands and Sotavento Islands. The largest island is Santiago both in size and population.
- Praia is the capital and also the largest city of Cape Verd. The island city lies on the southern coast of Santiago island.
- The highest peak of the country is Cape Verde which is situated at an elevation of 2,829 meters (9,281 feet) above sea level.
- Kiribati is an island nation situated halfway between Hawaii and Australia.
- Kiribati and English are the two official languages of the country.
- It consists of 32 atolls and one solitary island in the eastern and western hemispheres and also in the northern and southern hemispheres.
- The three main island groups are the Gilbert Islands, Phoenix Islands, and the Line Islands.
- Malaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy situated in Southeast Asia.
- Malaysian is the official language of the country.
- Kuala Lumpur is the national capital city known for its fastest-growing metropolitan regions in South-East Asia. It is also the largest city in the country.
- The highest mountain in Malaysia is Mount Kinabalu which is 4,095 meters (13,435 feet) above sea level.
- The Philippines is a sovereign island country situated in Southeast Asia.
- Offcially known as the Republic of the Philippines and shares its border with Taiwan, Vietnam, Palau and Indonesia.
- Filipino and English are the two official languages of the country.
- Manila is the capital of the Philippines known for its colonial architecture with modern skyscrapers.
- Tuvalu is also a beautiful island country situated in the southern Pacific Ocean.
- The country is situated 4,000 kilometres (2,500 mi) northeast of Australia which is halfway between Hawaii and Australia.
- Tuvaluan and English are the two official languages of the country.
- The country was first sighted by Europeans on 16 January 1568.
- Venezuela is a beautiful country situated on the northern coast of South America.
- It is officially known as the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
- Spanish is the official language of the country.
- Caracas is the capital and also the largest city of Venezuela.
- The flag of Åland Islands has been adopted in 1954 and first hoisted in Mariehamn on 3 April 1954.
- Åland Islands are also known as Åland which has an autonomous status that was controlled by representatives of the central Finnish government.
- The flag of Åland Island consists of a yellow or gold Nordic cross along with a red cross inside on a blue background with the vertical bar shifted towards the hoist side.
- The flag of Ecuador consists of horizontal bands of yellow along with blue and red colour adopted by law in 1835 and later on 26 September 1860.
- The design was finalized in 1900 with the addition of the coat of arms in the centre of the flag.
- The design of the flag looks very similar to those of Colombia and Venezuela that was also former constituent territories of Gran Colombia.
- The proposal was adopted by Venezuela in 1811 and later Gran Colombia with some modifications.
- The first time the yellow, blue and red flag was flown by Miranda was in 1806 on the ship Leander when trying to face the Spanish forces off of the coast of Jacmel, Haiti.
- Aruba national flag was adopted on March 18, 1976.
- The design of the flag consist of three colors, first is blue known as “Larkspur” along with two narrow parallel horizontal yellow stripes and a four-pointed white-fimbriated red star in the canton.
- The flag was designed as a part by vexillologist Whitney Smith.
- The light blue colour represents the surrounding island of Aruba.
- The yellow colour represents abundance and the horizontal lines represent the abundance of solidarity.
- The red star represents the four points of the compass and symbolizes the different origins of the Aruban population.
These are the 19 amazing countries with yellow blue red flags in the world. Kindly share and do post your comments.